Tuesday, March 1, 2016

One more day

It's hard to believe McCoy's surgery is tomorrow.  These "last" moments before the surgery have been some of the best!  McCoy and I had fun-filled days - we read lots of books together, took several walks in the perfect weather, swung in McCoy's little-tike swing outside, rolled around on our new rug (yes, that's right, McCoy enjoys rolling from back to tummy now!), cooked in the kitchen together (okay, McCoy sat in his Bumbo on the kitchen island while I cooked right next to him :)), had a picnic in our backyard, had fun introducing McCoy to his first solid food (sweet potato), fell asleep together in bed, with Snuggs beside us, and of course snuggled lots!  I'm so grateful for all the fun and relaxing we did together, it seems like McCoy and I bonded in a new/deeper way these past several days.  I love him so much.

morning shenanigans with Snuggles











2 comments:

  1. Just think, in 6 months McCOY will have his expand ears removed and be walking around enjoying his little world. Just in time for him to toddle up to his first baby cousin and plant a wet kiss in her cheek. I'm looking forward to those days of celebration, but I'm also looking forward to the coming days as I watch our family come together though the extension of much love and support. What a wonderful gift to be able to see the gifts of God amid our trials and sorrows. It's so good to know we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love imagining that day when McCoy is expander and nevus free! I'm thankful for the endless, loving support from our whole family. It surely has brought us closer and I'm grateful for that blessing amidst all of this. I'm looking forward to celebrating McCoy's new cousin, she better get here right when we want her! ;) Love all of you.

      Delete